Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Peace?

Fishing.

It is amazing how three men in civil defence uniforms could spend one hour in the regimental cookhouse talking about it. It's a wonder how much we can relate to it.

Having to cancel tomorrow's lesson with my teacher was.. disheartening. Having not improved to the extent I wished I have is not something I can live with. It seems that I always reach the LDMR (Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns) too soon for my practice sessions, and my down time after each practice session seems to be longer than what I deem healthy. Teacher has always emphasized on the importance of practicing intelligently. It must be due to my impatience when it comes down to solving problems. It must be something in the deep recesses of my sub-consciousness which leads me to think that there is always not enough time at the rate I do things. This isn't unjustified though. My days in this little island are numbered. At least if everything falls into plan.

I have been spending more time than usual praying and seeking about current events. With the progress I am making on my instrument, I can only trust in God at this point. There isn't much else I can do but my best, and leaving the rest to Him.

No comments: